Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Project 2: PEOPLE - initial shoot

After the initial shoot and sorting through them I found that the images with only one person in them were my favourite. They conveyed a sense of solitude and peacefulness that I found interesting. They were often doing an activity and too busy to notice me taking the photo.

The images below are my favourite from this series.







I also took a lot more photos where I was delibrately made visible to the person in the photo. Shortly after taking a few I noticed people would give me a slanted stare as I rollerbladed past - After looking at these photos it gives off the feeling that "all eyes are on me" as if I (or the viewer) was the centre of attention... simply because I had a camera. I started to notice that most of the middle aged people would continue to stare, teenagers would pose and act stupid, while babies/toddlers wouldn't give me a second look.








CONCEPT

What:
I think the age difference relationship is very interesting and worth exploring. Peoples' different actions and reactions speak a lot about their set age groups and what is expected of them whether subconsciously or consciously at a certain stage in life. This refers back to the 'looking glass self' concept from my previous post.

Where: Wgtn. waterfront - place with a range of user groups

Who: 4 different age groups (elderly, middle aged, teenagers, toddlers)

When: Day time

Why: To show peoples' judgments within society change as we grow older and our expectations develop to fit with the certain age group.

How: (with the 'looking glass self' concept in mind)
The camera being the mirror and the person viewing themselves in it. Result (photo) is the reflection of their ideal view of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment