Sunday, September 5, 2010

Project 2: PEOPLE - photo shoot

A day in the life of a toddler.

Eat, play, poop!

The main idea of this shoot was to get a feel of the toddler's behaviours and how they change as she gets to know me better. I tried to capture this through a range of activities to show her actions and how she would regularly live her life. I focused most on her expressions because I figured they're important in terms of her behaviour and they spoke strongly of how she interacted with me, whether indirectly or directly.

Keeping in mind she is only two years old so just learning how to speak. She is a very smart kid who understands most of what the adults talk about around her and can recite the rhyming words in poems. She is also very independent based on the fact she loves to do things for herself.

Through this series of 10 photos a sequence of events have been carried out. The first 5 speak of her shyness and reluctant nature to communicate with me in any way. After a while this quickly changed and she was able to play with her toys as per normal. She would even go as far as smiling at the camera despite sometimes still looking very confused at it. The first and last photo include her parents and they show her relationship with them and how she relies on them, as would any child. I think I still need to do a lot of editing to these photos such as reordering and looking back through the other images in the photo shoot.


Better quality images will be uploaded to Flickr soon.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52060788@N07/

No comments:

Post a Comment