Monday, September 27, 2010

Project 3: THINGS - confectionery


Jaffas and marbles


Hearts and toy hearts


Lindor and plastic sweet

The idea behind this third shoot is to camouflage and/or blend the edible and non-edible objects. I like how the highly manufactured confectionery mimic meaningless objects in an act to appeal to children. I have tried to capture these objects, not only to convey that they are very similar to each other but to try and make them interesting to look at and appeal to the viewer.

I realise the composition and white balance are off and this is because I didn't have the freedom to move around and select particular lighting as this was done at home.

There is a question as to whether photographing 3 different types of lollies is valid for the 3 different objects and arguably I think because they are the same type of object it makes the project read better as a whole and while they are the same type, they still exhibit varying shapes and qualities.

For my next shoot I have decided to photograph 3 different types of lollies, and they are; traditional party mix, licorice and licorice all sorts. I intend to abstract, transform and document these lollies.


No comments:

Post a Comment